Monday, May 12, 2014

Best End to Spring Break

First let me throw this out there:
I hereby dedicate this entire post to my dear sister Rachel whom I miss greatly. I want to congratulate her on completing her first half marathon in 1 hour 40 minutes putting her at a 7:35 mile pace! 
You rock sistah!

And now on with the blog....
Now I know what your thinking,
"Best end to spring break? Wasn't that like a month ago?"
But one of the perks of studying in London is having the ENTIRE month of April off!

So to really finish my spring break off right, I headed over to the lovely island of Mykonos in Greece for some much needed time in the sun with my friend Jade!


Aeolos Hotel

View from our hotel porch!


Beautiful Mykonos Town





 Couldn't pass up gelato!



 This is our friend Randy who helped us travel to and from the town and the beach ever day! 

 Paradise Beach

This beach is probably the most popular beach on the island. Not only known for it's beautiful scenery, it's beachside clubs are what really draw people in. Thankfully for us, it wasn't quite high season yet, so we were left to tan in peace!



The water was so sparkly and clear!

Gyros and froyo on the beach! What more could you want?

 Mykonos Town from above


Mexican food in Greece, why not?!


 Psarou Beach


Upgraded to a fancy beach for the day!

 And as always, selfies are a must when sporting a new swimsuit!


Nightly trip into town

Dinner at Eva's Garden

Mussels and Pasta: so delicious!

And for dessert, nutella and straberry crepe that I managed to get on my hands and face and in my hair... so worth the mess though!

Last day at the pool


For lunch we decided to take one last trip into town for lunch and I literally tripped down the stairs.....

But after we got that cleaned up we enjoyed a nice lunch with a beautiful view of the water!

One last taste of gyros....

.... and more gelato!

After endless hours in the sun, being burnt and lathering on the aloe, eating multiple gyros and even more delicious food, obtaining multiple injuries, touring around Greece on Randy, and being in bed at 10 PM sharp to watch our nightly movie... I just want to thank Jade aka my partner in crime for such a great trip!

But if Greece wasn't enough.....
SURPRISE: I WENT TO CHICAGO!

You must all think I'm crazy but I can explain!
 When my time in London is done I will be flying straight to LA which, means I will not be home until July! That would mean six months away from home... and honestly I was starting to get a little home sick. So after devising a plan with Dan, we set out on a mission to surprise our family and friends!

Here's how the reactions went....
1. Sam thought I was Alex at first, then once figuring out who I was continued to watch Dexter.
2. We surprised Girl Alex at work and her reaction was priceless. She jumped up crying and gave me a big hug.
3. Face-timing with Rachel, she was disappointed when she figured out Dan and I were in Mokena and not Florida to surprise her.
4. Walking into the bathroom while my mom is doing her hair she goes, "Natalie, what the hell!"
5. Boy Alex, the last to find out of the crew, was just in shock!

It's was also Cinco de Mayo so we celebrated with Margaritas and Tacos at Mama Maria's!



My first legal drink in America!


Just another Alex I missed!

The next morning mom and I rode our bikes to hot yoga.
We finished the class off with some partner poses!

Another night we headed downtown to one of our favorite restaurants: Ditka's!


Known for their Moscow Mules, I finally had my first one!

 Oh and you can't forget the Pot Roast Nachos!

Other highlights of my trip included:
 -seeing my puppy dog Cooper
-spending time with my besties Taylor, Noelle, & Kara
-buying American priced Lululemon leggings
 -eating at Gattos
 -shopping at Target
-driving my car
 -American prices in general
-sleeping in my bed

I am so thankful I was able to go home and spend time with my family and friends. Although it seems like it was a lot of traveling for just 4 full days it was totally worth it! I can't wait until I return for good in July!

Did you think I forgot about the music?
Ellie Goulding: Beating Heart


No comments:

Post a Comment