Sunday, February 2, 2014

My 21st in Amsterdam!

Well this is about to be a mega post about my birthday weekend in Amsterdam!


So before I begin, there's a couple of things I'd like to mention:
1. I finally brought my gopro out! So I don't really have that many interesting pictures.....but I did make a short video!
2. Since it was my birthday we didn't really do touristy things, aka see Anne Frank's house (which everyone knows I'm very bitter about!) But we did have lots of fun! Mainly eating......
3. Lots of love and kisses to Anggi for letting Alex and I stay at her lovely new apartment. Being in such a nice place really made this weekend that much better!

Day 1

So Alex and I started our trip at 4:45 AM, making our way to the airport. The flight was only 35 minutes so we were in Amsterdam in no time! Anggi and her cute little puppy, Kiwi, were waiting for us when we walked out of customs. Within minutes we started to make our short commute to Anggi's apartment just minutes outside the city center.


After settling in, we hopped back on the tram and went to explore the city!


So there's these little shops all around Amsterdam with these quick self service snacks. Anggi made me try it because supposedly its something all the Dutch people love! It's fried on the outside then there's meat and gravy in the inside. I chose the beef one and while I can say I was nervous, it was pretty tasty!



We spent the rest of the day just walking around the city, popping in and out of stores, and eating! We did typical Amsterdam stuff like going to a coffee shop and visited the red light district. Both very interesting experiences I must say!


We also stopped for some crepes and waffles. Mine was filled with nutella: so good!


After going home and resting a bit, it was time to eat yet again! You guys are never going to believe how much food was offered to us....


Now listen up! Within your meal there are 6 different rounds. And for each round, each person can pick up to 5 different dishes..... yes I know, crazy! So above is just some of the different choices we picked. 


This is the paper you would mark down what you want. All the food is listed and then you put a tally by whichever plate you want for that specific round. 

In the end, I ended up only making it through 2 rounds (pathetic I know) and ate 9 dishes out of a possible 30. As a group, we ate 50 dishes out of a possible 120.....

Day 2

We didn't do much during the day except obviously eat.. so I'll just skip to the birthday festivities.


We started off the night at SkyLounge for sunset and cocktails.


I had my first legal drink as a 21 year old! 


Then we moved onto Palladium for dinner!


I had the Palladium salad which had chicken and bacon in it. Obviously a heavenly combination!


And for dessert, apple pie with a sparkler on top!

After dinner was all finished, we had some time to spare before going to the club so we went and got some more drinks!



Finally it was the moment we were all waiting for:
JIMMY WOO
(One of the best clubs in Amsterdam!)



 Since one wasn't enough, we had to have another sparkler!


 After fulfilling my 21 year drinking duties, we went downstairs and danced the night away!

I really don't think I could have asked for a more memorable 21st birthday weekend. I had so much fun in one of the coolest cities ever. Also, I was with some pretty great people too! Thanks to Alex, Anggi, Joe, Emilia, Morven, and Renata for making this weekend such a blast!

Click the link below to watch the video from my trip!

AMSTERDAM TRIP!


No comments:

Post a Comment