Wednesday, April 2, 2014

The Beautiful City of Prague

Before I start, quick life update:
1. I finished my fifth and final essay of the semester and after doing so consider myself a master in writing papers in less that 24 hours (I'm sure my parents love hearing that!)
2. Classes are done! Now I just have 2 finals left, which aren't until May!
3. Mom gets here Saturday and we will be traveling to Berlin, Munich, and Istanbul!

Now onto Praha!


This past weekend I was blessed to start my spring break in the beautiful city of Prague with my friends Simone and Kylee! For majority of the weekend I took on the role of navigating us around the city and earned the lovely title of "Tour Guide Natalie".... I can now confidently say that I conquered city of Prague: transportation, streets, and all!


Taking a tip from my ginger friend Noelle, we made sure to get the other ginger Simone to the Gingerbread Museum!



Inside was filled with shelves and baskets filled with intricate and beautifully frosted gingerbread cookies of all shapes and sizes. And not to mention they tasted just as good and they looked!


 From there we made our way up to the Prague Castle where the views were spectacular.



 The Prague Castle


Some intensely walking guards.

 St. Vitus Cathedral



 More views from up top!




 St. Charles Bridge over the Vltava River


Prague's take on the Love Lock Bridge


Shopping on Charles Bridge




Walking over the Charles Bridge

 Old Town Square


Astronomical Clock

80s/90s Dance Party at Lucerna


Start of Day 2, on the Tram!

By now we had gotten the hang of things, 
and knew our away around the city!
(Well at least "Tour Guide Natalie" did!)




John Lennon Wall





More love locks!


Simone thought this was so me.. can't say I don't agree!


For lunch we found ourselves in the least Czech place....
but Mexican was just too good to turn down!



At Las Adelitas we ate and drank until our stomachs almost burst!
We made friends with the bartender Carlos, 
and promised to come back later for some more drinks.

Sitting in Old Town Square when a German Bachelor part befriended us!


Macklemore was with them too!

My sweet rolled bread that I had been wanting to taste all weekend

Back at Las Adelitas with our new friends!

Our German friends joined us too and brought along Carlos with them!


I think that Prague stole my heart this weekend and has taken the top spot as my favorite place I traveled to so far. I had so much fun and I'm so thankful that I got to share it with Simone and Kylee!

If you want an even better view into our weekend check out the video I put together.
See what Prague really looks like in action and how much fun we had!


No comments:

Post a Comment